Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Weekly Fresh Food Haul March 29 2023

 


Weekly Haul of 3/29/2023

Small bag of grapes, one orange, two gala apples, radishes, one avocado, one cucumber, two sweet potatoes, frozen spinach, frozen cauliflower and a head of lettuce.

The key to these fresh fruits and vegetables not going bad is to eat them in a timely manner. So I will start incorporating them into my meals tonight and every day until they are consumed. If you plan on throwing them into a draw and not pulling them back out for 5-7 days then it would be better to wait four or five more days before you purchase them. 

This is enough to last me about seven full days and it will stay fresh the entire time. I will focus on the fresh raw foods first and the frozen are for backup and to get me through to the next weeks grocery haul if I end up consuming all of my fresh foods before that time.

Healthy is not expensive!!

Grapes $1.38 for one pound
Two Sweet Potatoes $1.27 for both
Orange was $0.88 cents
Radishes were $1.78
Cucumber $0.78 cents
Frozen bag of spinach, 12 ounces, $1.12
Avocado was 0.78cents
frozen cauliflower (12 ounce bag) $0.98cents

I also bought an 18ct carton of eggs $2.72
Carton of Unsweetened Almond Milk $2.44

All of this only totals $14.13 and the frozen spinach will most likely last several weeks to a month. The eggs will last two weeks. The frozen cauliflower will last me two to three meals. The radishes and lettuce will last more than seven days if kept dry and in the vegetable drawer. I still have some fresh celery in the crisper drawer from last week and it has not ruined. Hoping to make some cream of celery soup this week and use some of it with an apple to make a celery apple salad.

I still have enough spaghetti squash left from last weeks haul and today I'm going to brown some ground beef and a bit of frozen mixed vegetables with the spaghetti squash for supper tonight to finish that off.

I already had some chicken breast in the freezer and other meats and seafood. But with the fresh weekly foods only costing around $15 or less I can afford to replace those foods as needed.

Your fresh food haul may look different then mine. However it looks I hope you will consider incorporating more fresh foods into your daily (every day) diet.

All of these foods are #glutenfree #dairyfree #soyfree #grainfree and #nightshadefree 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Grain Free Substitutes for Rice Vinegar

 Rice vinegar is made from fermented rice. So, if you are avoiding grains you will be avoiding rice vinegar. Now some people can handle a li...