Friday, April 14, 2023

Grain Free Substitutes for Rice Vinegar

 Rice vinegar is made from fermented rice. So, if you are avoiding grains you will be avoiding rice vinegar. Now some people can handle a little bit here and there but others want to avoid it 100%, If you are like me, I prefer to buy as few groceries as possible and get the most use out of each one. For that reason I like to find the most versatile food products that I can use in the most dishes. Vinegar is one of those and my number one choice I find can replace most all other vinegars is Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar and so, for the most part, that is the only one I keep on hand. Any recipe that calls for vinegar of any kind I use Apple Cider Vinegar. There are only a few very specific recipes that may call for a very specific taste, say, maybe it needs a balsamic vinegar or something like that. Here are some great alternatives to Rice Vinegar:


Apple Cider Vinegar

Champagne Vinegar: a much more delicate light taste than apple cider vinegar

White Wine vinegar: some say when they use white wine vinegar in place of rice vinegar they add a scant amount of sugar as it is not as sweet tasting.


You could also use lemon juice or lime juice in place of vinegar, and vice versa. I avoid citrus for the most part and so I have used vinegar in place of lemon juice on occasion.

Vinegar, like lemon and lime juice is a healthy food. Remember to avoid Malt Vinegar as it is a gluten. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Grain Free Substitutes for Rice Vinegar

 Rice vinegar is made from fermented rice. So, if you are avoiding grains you will be avoiding rice vinegar. Now some people can handle a li...